Black Limestone Restorer
£11.99 – £229.00
Black Limestone Restorer is a high-performance black limestone paving sealer & colour restorer. This black limestone sealer & restorer has been specifically formulated for sealing and enhancing the colour of black limestone patios, pavers & slabs. Black Limestone Restorer will deepen surface colours enriching its appearance, a little like dampening with water.
Black Limestone Restorer can be applied to both external and internal surfaces. One single application is sufficient to seal and enhance most surfaces. This black limestone sealer will dry to a natural, matt & breathable colour enhanced finish.
Black Limestone Restorer can be applied to newly laid pavers or existing surfaces which may have faded. A small amount of product goes a long way. One application is all that is required to resist oil & water-based staining and deepen colour.
This product is not a topical sealer which, when dry, forms a lacquer or skin. The limestone will retain its natural matt appearance. Black Limestone Restorer penetrates the surface sealing and colour enhancing from within.
Black Limestone Restorer will not peel, crack, flake or trap moisture. This breathable limestone sealer can be applied as an initial sealer soon after installation, or seal & restore colour to older faded slabs. This sealer can also rectify mild acid damage – please contact us for guidance.
*To read our handy ‘how to’ guide for sealing and cleaning black limestone patios and pavers please click here.
Available in 1 litre or 1 litre bundle deals, with standard delivery or express delivery. Samples are also available to purchase.
Directions of Use
- Please read the Technical Data Sheet for full instructions.
- Carry out a test in an inconspicuous area.
- If you find this product is not suitable for use on your project do not continue to use.
- Make sure all traces of grout, brush in compound or sand & cement mortars are removed before sealing.
- For interior use switch off underfloor heating systems 24 hours before use.
- For exterior use pre-clean with Floorseal Sealer Residue Remover (if you have used a brush in compound).
- For interior floors pre-clean with Floorseal Stone Floor Cleaner.
- All surfaces are to be completely dry, do not apply if rain is likely in the next 48 hours.
- Apply with in one single application with a microfibre cloth/flat mop or a paint pad.
- Apply once. Allow the product to penetrate the surface for 10 – 20 minutes. Adjust based on air temperatures.
- After this time thoroughly buff the surface dry to fully remove all excess product.
- Remove all excess product within 10 – 20 minutes of applying the sealer (this time could be extended in cool conditions).
- The product is to be applied and allowed to penetrate the surface – ALL EXCESS IS THEN TO BE REMOVED. Do not apply and simply leave the product to dry on the surface.
- Black Limestone Restorer dries in approximately 2 – 4 hours but does not fully cure for 48 hours.
- Should only be applied when air temperatures are above 10ºC and below 20ºC.
- Safe for children, pets and wildlife when dry.
- If you are considering applying this product to a surface previously sealed contact us for guidance.
- Do not apply to non-porous, polished or glazed surfaces.
The ultimate black limestone enhancing sealer
Black Limestone Restorer seals & strongly enhances surface colours to all black & grey limestones. This limestone sealer & restorer will enrich the colour of your black limestone pavers, deepening colour, and restoring faded surfaces. Black Limestone Restorer can be used to seal & colour enhance newly laid pavers & tiles. It will also seal and revive older fading or weather worn black limestones. Black Limestone Restorer resists water & oil-based staining and also colour enhances the stone. Black limestone pavers will seem ‘blacker’ after the application of this product. Floorseal Black Limestone Restorer does not contain a pigment, it is a clear liquid which penetrates the stone altering the colour making the surface darker. This limestone sealer will dry to a matt, natural but enhanced appearance. It is not a non breathable surface coating that periodically requires stripping and resealing. Black Limestone Restorer is a powerful sealer and colour restorer which only requires a single application.
Before sealing it is important that your pavers or tiles are clear of grout, brush in compounds or sand & cement mortars. Obvious dirt, dust and surface contaminants should be removed. For external limestone we recommend pre-cleaning with Floorseal Sealer Residue Remover, particularly if you have used a brush in compound. The residue remover will break down the invisible resinous slick left either side of the joint. Sealer Residue Remover will also remove general grime, oils and dirt. It is important that the limestone is totally clean and porous before applying the sealer. Interior floors can be cleaned with Floorseal Stone Floor Cleaner. It is a non-acidic deep cleaning solution for the removal of dirt, grime, oils and waxes. Ensure the limestone is totally dry before any sealing work takes place. We would recommend 24 – 48 hours drying time before sealing.
Black Limestone Restorer sealer will revive limestone that has faded to a dull finish
Black limestone naturally fades from darker to lighter shades, this fading can become obvious even during the course of the installation. It is due to a variety of factors some chemical, and some from wear and abrasion. Wear or abrasion makes the surface of a soft stone, like limestone, appear washed out and faded. Wear on darker limestones manifests itself as a lightening of colour, which can be corrected. As limestone is an acid sensitive stone, even rainwater causes the stone to lighten over a relatively short period of time. The limestone becomes slightly etched as rainwater dissolves the surface, this etching process is a roughening of the stone. You will notice this roughness as a lightening of colour, even if you cannot obviously see it. Floorseal Black Limestone Restorer helps to deepen colour, reversing the natural fading associated with this stone. When pre-cleaning black limestone it is important not to use an acid wash to remove cement residues. If you have already accidentally acid damaged a black limestone we recommend you call us before attempting other sealing or colour restoration treatments. Black Limestone Restorer will restore light acid etching, it is always prudent to carry out a test on a single slab or tile first. This will give an indication of the depth of colour that can be acheived. When installing black limestone the level of care the installer takes is crucial. Joints must be pointed neatly (or grouted) as mistakes can be difficult to correct. Excess jointing compounds may weather off over time but it is better not to have an excess at all! Remember that this is a soft stone which cannot be cleaned with an acid to remove grout or cement staining. Never use an acid to clean black limestone as it will etch the stone!! All black or grey limestones benefit from sealing and the deepening of surface colour. As a rule the deeper the colour of the limestone the more attractive black limestone looks. It is worth noting that, at best, black limestone is really an anthracite colour. Sometimes it is clearly a mid-grey, so are never actually a true black and all lighten in colour quite quickly. Floorseal Black Limestone Restorer seals and improves colour. On exterior surfaces sealing will also inhibit the growth of moss, algae and lichens. The sealer acts as a barrier to prevent general water & oil-based staining on both interior and exterior surfaces. This product does not produce an unnatural shine or gloss finish. It is purely designed to enhance colour and retain the natural appearance of black or grey limestone. This black limestone sealer & restorer covers approximately 25m2 per litre. This sealer only needs to be applied in one single application.
Please read the full instructions & related information contained within the Technical Data Sheet. If you require help choosing a sealer or cleaning product please feel free to contact us on (01484) 861461. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 litre of sealer covers approximately 25m2 of surface area.
The individual level of porosity of each type of surface will dictate the overall coverage.
Delivery Charges & Timescale
|UK Mainland||Standard Delivery (4-5 days) Free
Express Delivery (1-2 days) £2.95 inc VAT
|Scottish Highlands & Islands||£9.60 inc VAT|
|Isle of Man||£24.00 inc VAT|
|Isle of Wight||£2.40 inc VAT|
|Northern Ireland||£9.60 inc VAT|
Delivery Charges & Timescale
- Shipping is based on a free standard delivery service to UK mainland addresses of 4-5 days.
- An alternative paid express delivery service of 1-2 days to UK mainland addresses is available.
- Our couriers do not deliver on a Saturday or Sunday (or bank holidays) other than by special additional arrangement.
- For the Highlands and Islands (including Northern Ireland) our standard shipping time may be slower than 4-5 days and is not free.
- An express shipping option to the Highlands & Islands & Northern Ireland is not available.
- Standard delivery is always free except to the Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland & other UK offshore Islands.
- We do not dispatch orders on a Saturday or Sunday or bank holidays.
- We do not offer guaranteed shipping timescales.
- We do not deliver to the channel Islands, or Scilly Isles.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
Blog articles & how to guides
For the latest blog articles and information for best user practice, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Black Limestone Restorer contain a pigment?
Do I need another product to seal the surface after using Black Limestone Restorer?
How does Black Limestone Restorer work?
Does this product create gloss, sheen or shine?
Do I need to pre clean my black limestone paving before sealing?
I have cement staining to my black limestone, how do I remove it?
Can I use an acidic cleaner on my black limestone?
I have accidentally cleaned my black limestone patio with acid what do I do?
Can I use this sealer on an internal floor?
What is the best way to apply this product?
Can I seal a newly laid patio with Floorseal Black Limestone Restorer?
Why does black limestone fade?
Recent Reviews for Floorseal…
100ml Sample, 1 Litre, 2 Litres, 3 Litres, 4 Litres
Easy to apply
Our products are easy to apply using non specialist tools
Full strength professional cleaning and sealing products
After Sales Support
Help and support with application methods and top tips!