Cement and Grout Haze Remover
Cement & Grout Haze Remover is an easy to apply and fast acting water-based acidic cleaning solution. Cement & Grout Haze Remover is to be used for the removal of cement staining and to remove general grout haze. This product will also remove efflorescence from natural stone, clay tiles and brickwork.
This product is suitable for most external acid resistant natural stone and pavers. It can also be used as an efflorescence remover for new brickwork, natural stone and block pavers. Apply the solution to newly installed patios, driveways and pavers to remove any cement residues left from the build process.
Always rinse the surface after its use as the cement residues will be suspended in the liquid. A heavy rinsing process will ensure any contaminants are washed off the surface. Follow this process when cleaning efflorescence from block pavers and all natural stone surfaces.
Cement residues left on darker stones, like slate, will be very obvious after installation. It will make the surface look pale, patchy and unattractive. Cement & Grout Haze Remover will effectively and easily remove the staining. Once the staining is removed we would recommend sealing the surface to protect the stone. Sealing darker stone with colour enhancing sealers will further improve the appearance of the stone. This method of sealing is suitable for most types of darker natural stone.
Cement & Grout Haze Remover will also remove general grout haze left after tiling internal surfaces. It will rapidly remove the haze at low dilution rates. We recommend rinsing any surface treated with this product with clean warm water after its use. Once the tiles are dry simply buff the surface of the tile with a soft cloth thus removing any remaining contaminants.
You may wish to increase the dilution rate of this product to suit the particular conditions found on site. We always recommend starting with a weaker solution before increasing the product’s strength. For heavy contamination of cement or grout, you may also wish to repeat the process.
This product is not to be used on acid sensitive surfaces like marble, travertine, concrete, cement pavers, limestone and terrazzo.
Please see further instructions on ‘Directions of Use’ tab and FAQs.
If you require help choosing a sealer or cleaning product please feel free to contact us on (01484) 686270. You can email us at [email protected].
Available in a 1 litre and 5 litre container with free delivery to UK mainland.
There are some shipping charges to Northern Ireland and the Highlands and Islands.
Orders made before 12.30pm are despatched that day – deliveries will made within 24-48 hours of despatch (on working days only).
Directions of use
- Use a suitable PPE – safety mask, goggles and gloves.
- Always carry out a test patch to assess suitability and dwell time in an inconspicuous area.
- If the product is not suitable do not continue to apply the product.
- Lightly pre-wet the area to be treated.
- Apply to the surface using a mop or low-pressure sprayer (sprayers to be used in external situations only).
- Can be used neat (with caution) or up to a dilution rate of 1:10 with clean water.
- Allow around 10-15 minutes of dwell time, do not allow product to dry on the surface during this time.
- Agitate the with a stiff brush.
- Rinse the area with clean water.
- Repeat the procedure if required.
- Safe for children, pets & wildlife once rinsed with clean water and allowed to dry.
- Do not allow the product or vapours to come into contact with metals.
- Allow adequate ventilation when using indoors.
- The coverage rates will vary dependent on surface material and dilution rate. As a guide 1 litre of solution will cover up to 8m2.
- Shipping is based on a free standard delivery service to UK mainland. Items ordered before 12.30pm will be shipped that day.
- It is not a guaranteed next day shipping service but most orders arrive within 24-48 hours (working days only).
- Our couriers do not deliver on a Saturday or Sunday other than by special additional arrangement.
- For the Highlands and Islands (including Northern Ireland) our shipping times will be slower.
- Delivery is free except to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland & other UK offshore Islands.