Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier
£11.99 – £174.95
Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier is a fully breathable water based Indian sandstone sealer. If you like the appearance of Indian sandstone when it is slightly damp, this sealer would be the correct sandstone sealer to choose. Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier will increase the depth of colour & highlight warmer tones in Indian sandstone & York sandstones.
Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier is water based, low odour & dries rapidly. It compliments the natural earthy tones found in Indian & York sandstones. This natural sandstone sealer dries to a slightly enhanced but subtle matt finish, so retains the natural appearance of your sandstone.
You may be interested in a useful ‘how to guide’ about sealing & cleaning sandstone patios, to read the article please click here.
We have also produced an associated article about how to seal Kandla Grey or plain mid grey sandstones, please click here.
Available in 1 litre, 5 litre and economy 20 litre containers with free standard delivery.
Directions of Use
- Please read the Technical Data Sheet for full instructions.
- Carry out a test in an inconspicuous area.
- If you find this product is not suitable for use on your project do not continue to use.
- All traces of grout or sand and cement mortars must be removed before sealing.
- For internal applications turn off underfloor heating systems and allow the surface to cool.
- If brush in compounds have been used, pre-clean with Floorseal Sealer Residue Remover (for exterior surfaces).
- Pre clean interior floors with Floorseal Stone Floor Cleaner.
- All surfaces must be completely dry, do not apply if rain is likely in the next 24 hours.
- Apply with a masonry style roller, paint pad or sprayer in conjunction with microfibre cloths.
- Apply one coat to saturation. It is important to saturate the surface and allow the product to soak in.
- Remove all visible excess with microfibre cloths, you must not allow any product to dry on the surface.
- The removal of excess product must be carried out within no more than 20 -30 minutes (this time can be extended in cooler conditions).
- You should apply a 2nd light coat around 40 minutes later (wet on wet), remove all visible excess as before.
- Do not apply the first & second applications on separate days, the first application will have already cured.
- We recommend working in small sections.
- The product dries in approximately 2 hours but does not fully cure for 24 hours.
- This product should only be applied when air temperatures are above 10ºC and below 20ºC.
- Safe for children, pets, and wildlife when dry.
- If you wish to seal a previously sealed surface, contact us for advice first.
- Do not apply to polished stone, glazed or non-porous surfaces.
One of the most popular Indian sandstone sealers in the UK
This subtle sandstone sealer has been specially formulated for sealing Indian sandstone patios and pavers. Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier is also suitable for other sandstones such as York sandstone, it can be used on internal floors. Exceptionally easy to apply and will create a subtle colour enriched matt finish. We highly recommend this product as an Indian stone sealer for external pavers and slabs. The sealer is water based, low odour and rapid drying. Indian sandstone often contains a large amount of colour which can be highlighted and subtly intensified. By using Floorseal Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier the natural colour contained within the stone will be enhanced. Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier seals the surface but is 100% breathable. The colour enhancing element of this sealer improves the appearance of the stone, whilst the impregnating element seals the surface.
Enhances all common Indian sandstone paving with deeper colours and a matt protective finish
This Indian sandstone sealers primary purpose is to enhance the natural appearance of the sandstone. It is not designed to make sandstone seem shiny or unnatural. The best way to describe this sandstone sealer is that deepens colour but dries to a subtle natural matt finish. If you like the appearance of Indian sandstone when it is slightly damp, this sealer would be the correct sealant to choose. Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier will slightly increase the depth of colour, highlighting the warmer tones, veining and natural shading. As this sandstone sealer is 100% breathable you will not experience any issue with trapped moisture. The sealer can be applied straight after new pavers are laid. It will never require stripping as it is not a surface coating which can become worn. Indian sandstone is very porous so readily accepts this form of impregnating sealer. The sealer has been developed to penetrate the surface quickly, easily and evenly. Apply the sealer and remove any excess product after approximately 20 – 30 minutes. After 40 minutes to an hour have elapsed since the first application you can now apply more product. You will not use as much product during this second application – remove any excess as before. A few microfibre cloths are useful for this purpose. Once sealed the attractive enhanced matt finish inhibits water and oil-based staining. It will also help to prevent efflorescence, moss, algae, and black spot on external surfaces. Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier creates a surface tension that reduces the need for regular maintenance. This is our most popular sandstone sealer due to its natural appearance, low odour and ease of application.
Here are a few other products that may be of interest – Please click the product title to see further information. If you have a Kandla grey or single coloured plain grey sandstone you may also be interested in Natural Stone Sealer Breathe This sealer is a non-colour colour enhancing sealer. It is more suited to totally plain coloured sandstones please. Floorseal Patio Black Spot Remover Plus will remove organic growth, staining and grime from the surface of older external sandstones. In particular Patio Black Spot Remover Plus will remove any black spot lichen infestations. Once all the organic contaminants and grime have been removed the sealer will work to maximum effect. Floorseal Sealer Residue Remover is an eco friendly non-acidic cleaner which removes dirt, grime, waxes, oils and light grout/cement/grout haze contaminations. It will also remove the invisible resinous non-porous film left by brush in compounds. We recommend pre-cleaning slabs with this product if you have used brush in compounds. Floorseal Cement & Grout Haze Remover is a traditional acidic based cleaning solution for the removal of cement & grout hazes. It is suited to removing heavier contaminations of traditional cement pointing. Indian sandstone is very porous so readily accepts impregnating sealers. This sandstone sealing product has been developed to penetrate the surface quickly, easily and evenly. One application is usually sufficient for most sandstones. For very porous sandstone you may wish to repeat the process approximately 40 minutes after the first. You will not use as much product on any subsequent application. Once sealed the attractive enhanced matt finish inhibits water and oil based staining. It will also help to prevent efflorescence, moss, algae, and black spot on external surfaces. Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier creates a surface tension that reduces the need for regular maintenance. This product can be used on internal or external sandstone surfaces.
Please read the full instructions & related information contained within the Technical Data Sheet. If you require help choosing a sealer or cleaning product please feel free to contact us on (01484) 861461. You can email us at email@example.com.
Approximately 8m2 per litre for the first application & 16m2 for a 2nd application.
The individual level of porosity of each type of surface will dictate the overall coverage.
Delivery Charges & Timescale
|UK Mainland||Standard Delivery (4-5 days) Free
Express Delivery (1-2 days) £2.95 inc VAT
|Scottish Highlands & Islands||£9.60 inc VAT|
|Isle of Man||£24.00 inc VAT|
|Isle of Wight||£2.40 inc VAT|
|Northern Ireland||£9.60 inc VAT|
Delivery Charges & Timescale
- Shipping is based on a free standard delivery service to UK mainland addresses of 4-5 days.
- An alternative paid express delivery service of 1-2 days to UK mainland addresses is available.
- Our couriers do not deliver on a Saturday or Sunday (or bank holidays) other than by special additional arrangement.
- For the Highlands and Islands (including Northern Ireland) our standard shipping time may be slower than 4-5 days and is not free.
- An express shipping option to the Highlands & Islands & Northern Ireland is not available.
- Standard delivery is always free except to the Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland & other UK offshore Islands.
- We do not dispatch orders on a Saturday or Sunday or bank holidays.
- We do not offer guaranteed shipping timescales.
- We do not deliver to the channel Islands, or Scilly Isles.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
Blog articles & how to guides
For the latest blog articles and information for best user practice, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you apply Indian Sandstone Sealer & Colour Intensifier?
Will my Indian sandstone be able to breathe after applying your product?
I need to remove black spot on my sandstone pavers before sealing, what do I use?
Does this product leave a matt or shiny finish?
Do you have other finishes for sandstone?
What is the difference between this sealer and a wet look sealer?
Can I use this sealer on an internal sandstone floor?
What is the coverage of this sandstone sealer?
Can I apply this product to a newly laid patio?
Is this sealer more suited to one form of sandstone to another?
I wish to clean my sandstone, what product should I use?
Can I use this product on Kandla Grey or plain grey sawn sandstones?
This product is to be applied 'wet on wet', what does this mean?
100ml Sample, 1 Litre, 5 Litre, 20 Litre
Easy to apply
Our products are easy to apply using non specialist tools
Full strength professional cleaning and sealing products
After Sales Support
Help and support with application methods and top tips!