Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer
£11.99 – £124.95
Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer is a water-based, low odour sealer & dustproofer. Suitable for sealing interior brickwork & masonry in one coat. Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer will dry to a natural matt finish.
This durable brick sealer is breathable and amazingly easy to apply by using a brush, roller, microfibre cloth or sprayer. Interior Brick Sealer is a water-based non-flammable liquid, therefore low odour, free of harmful solvents & VOCs. This brick sealer will dry to a matt finish and prevents staining & dusting.
It is possible to build Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer to a subtle low sheen satin finish, when applied in multiple coats. To simply dustproof the surface with a matt finish apply the product in a single coat.
Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer prevents staining and inhibits dusting on both new and older surfaces. It is also suitable for use on bricks or masonry which have been sandblasted. The sealer is non flammable & is safe to use around fireplaces or multifuel burning stoves.
Apply to the walls of modern or historic buildings walls to prevent natural dusting & resist liquid staining.
For further information on this product please read our ‘how to guide’ on dustproofing & sealing interior brick or masonry walls please click here.
We also have an associated ‘how to guide’ containing information regarding cleaning internal brick & masonry walls, to view this article please click here.
Further information is located further down this page within the product details tab & in the FAQs.
Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer is avialable in a 100ml, 1 litre, 5 litre & 20 litre containers with free standard delivery.
Directions of Use
- Please read the Technical Data Sheet for full instructions.
- Carry out a test in an inconspicuous area.
- If you find this product is not suitable for use on your project do not continue to use.
- All surfaces must be completely dry.
- Apply with a masonry style roller, brush, or sprayer.
- You may wish to apply a 2nd coat on very porous surfaces such as sandblasted brickwork.
- The product dries in approximately 1 hour but does not fully cure for 24 hours.
- This product should only be applied when air temperatures are above 10ºC and below 23ºC.
- Safe for children and pets once dry
- If you wish to seal a previously sealed surface, contact us for advice first.
- Do not apply to polished, glazed or non-porous surfaces.
- Do not use on exterior surfaces.
Specialist low odour sealer for internal exposed brick walls
Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer is low odour, easy to use and dries rapidly. Perfect for sealing old and new porous brick work on internal walls. Historically making internal brickwork and natural stone ‘dustproof’ meant using a non-breathable coating. This is not the correct way to seal old brickwork or natural stone. Our internal brick sealer will seal the brick and allow the surface to breathe. It is safe to apply to older rubble filled walls and any surface which requires water vapour transmission. The older style non-breathable sealers meant that the surface could not transmit water vapour leading to various problems. A few of the issues associated with non-breathable coatings are –
- Moisture becoming trapped between the surface of the stone/brickwork and the sealer. This can make the surface look opaque/white and grey. It could also lead to surface spalling and damp leaching into associated structures.
- As a non-breathable coating starts to break down, efflorescence and spalling accelerates the delamination of the sealer & treated surface.
- The surface becomes darker and unattractive. Over time excess trapped moisture darkens the surface.
The bricks and stonework in older buildings are often soft and friable leading to natural dusting. In addition to this buildings have become warmer as they are now heated by more efficient heating systems. This can also accelerate the dusting from brickwork and stonework, surfaces have slowly become drier and shed more material into the atmosphere of the room.
Sealing brick also builds a dustproofing barrier for low maintenance
Dustproofing will help reduce any material becoming detached from walls and becoming airborne dust. This prevents the dust contaminating computers and contributing to poor air quality for the occupants. Keeping dust to a minimum is very easy, simply apply Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer. It is cheap and easy to apply via low pressure sprayer brush or roller. Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer will also seal other friable surfaces associated with dust problems. These might be old lime mortar joints or cement/concrete based materials. Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer is an excellent sealer and dustproofer for Yorkshire sandstone walls. Older sandstone walls will often be rubble filled and will require full moisture vapour transmission. They are often very dusty and will continue to shed dust once a building is occupied. Our internal brick wall sealer will help protect against dusting and water based staining. This product is an easy and cost effective way of sealing your internal structures. It is low odour, water based and a non-flammable product, therefore safe to use around fireplaces. Seal any exposed brick wall or natural stone wall quickly and effectively with this product. One coat is usually sufficient to dustproof but could be used in multiple coats. Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer can very delicately increase the natural earthy colours associated with old brick and stone. However, this product will not make your interior wall look shiny or unnatural, the sealer compliments the surface it is applied to. Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer does not drastically change the appearance of old stone or brickwork. It will still retain its original character but will now resist staining and dusting. To apply this product use a low pressure pump up sprayer, brush, microfibre cloth or a roller. Remove all obvious loose material and dust from your brick or masonry feature. Apply the sealer and allow the solution to soak in and bind the surface. It will dry in approximately 1 hour and cures in approximately 24 hours. Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer is perfect for older buildings and newer structures.
Interior Brick Cleaner is the perfect accompaniment to Floorseal Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer. It is a water based, low odour and a non-acidic intensive cleaning solution. This brick & masonry cleaning product will remove dirt, grime, waxes and light grout/cement haze residues. It is safe to use on lime pointed walls. Interior Brick Cleaner is a modern eco friendly acid substitute safe to use on acid sensitive surfaces or around lime pointing & screeds. This product can be diluted from as little as 1:5 with water up to being used neat. Perfect for cleaning brick & masonry walls and floors where traditional acids are not appropriate. If you wish to remove heavy contaminations of cement staining on acid resistant surfaces please use Floorseal Cement & Grout Haze Remover.
Please read the full instructions & related information contained within the Technical Data Sheet. If you require help choosing a sealer or cleaning product please feel free to contact us on (01484) 861461. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approximately 8m2 per litre per coat.
- Please be aware the porosity of the brick or masonry surface will dictate the final coverage rate.
Delivery Charges & Timescale
|UK Mainland||Standard Delivery (4-5 days) Free
Express Delivery (1-2 days) £2.95 inc VAT
|Scottish Highlands & Islands||£9.60 inc VAT|
|Isle of Man||£24.00 inc VAT|
|Isle of Wight||£2.40 inc VAT|
|Northern Ireland||£9.60 inc VAT|
Delivery Charges & Timescale
- Shipping is based on a free standard delivery service to UK mainland addresses of 4-5 days.
- An alternative paid express delivery service of 1-2 days to UK mainland addresses is available.
- Our couriers do not deliver on a Saturday or Sunday (or bank holidays) other than by special additional arrangement.
- For the Highlands and Islands (including Northern Ireland) our standard shipping time may be slower than 4-5 days and is not free.
- An express shipping option to the Highlands & Islands & Northern Ireland is not available.
- Standard delivery is always free except to the Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland & other UK offshore Islands.
- We do not dispatch orders on a Saturday or Sunday or bank holidays.
- We do not offer guaranteed shipping timescales.
- We do not deliver to the channel Islands, or Scilly Isles.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
Blog articles & how to guides
For the latest blog articles and information for best user practice, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What finish does Floorseal Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer produce?
How many coats should I apply?
Is this product water-based?
What is the best method to apply the product?
Does this product dry on the surface?
I'd like some sort of a sheen, is that possible?
Does this product stop damp coming through the wall?
Will this product alter the colour of my brickwork?
What should I clean my brick work with?
I have had my brick work sandblasted, will this product dustproof it?
Can I use this product on lime pointed walls?
My wall is very rough how do remove sealer which has collected in the joints between the brick?
Could I apply this product with a microfibre cloth, my walls are smooth and not very porous?
Does Interior Brick Sealer & Dustproofer have a strong odour?
How long does this product take to dry?
100ml Sample, 1 Litre, 5 Litre, 20 Litre
Easy to apply
Our products are easy to apply using non specialist tools
Full strength professional cleaning and sealing products
After Sales Support
Help and support with application methods and top tips!