Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer
£6.99 – £49.99
Floorseal Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer has been designed to seal internal terracotta & quarry tiled floors. It is easy to apply and will create an attractive satin finish to any floor.
Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer slightly deepens colour to highlight and enhance the earthy tones contained within clay-based tiles. It is water based, low odour and rapid drying, so very easy to apply.
Apply the sealer in 2 or more coats to seal the tile and grout lines.
Available in 1 litre & 5 litre containers with free standard delivery.
View delivery charges & timescales
Directions of Use
- Please read the Technical Data Sheet for full instructions.
- Carry out a test in an inconspicuous area.
- If you find this product is not suitable for use on your project do not continue to use.
- Switch off underfloor heating systems 12 hours before using this sealer.
- All traces of grout or sand and cement mortars are to be removed before sealing.
- Do not apply to newly laid slabs and tiles until the substrate has had time to dry, typically 14 days.
- All surfaces must be completely dry.
- Apply with a masonry style roller, paint pad or microfibre cloths.
- Apply one coat thin coat and allow to dry for 1 hour.
- The surface will accept light traffic after 1 hour.
- Do not walk on the surface if it is still tacky.
- Apply a 2nd coat and allow to dry as before.
- The product dries in approximately 1 hour but does not fully cure for 24 hours.
- Do not place furniture back on the surface for 24 hours.
- This product should only be applied when air temperatures are above 10ºC and below 23ºC.
- Safe for children & pets when dry.
- If you wish to seal a previously sealed surface, contact us for advice first.
- Do not apply to polished stone, glazed or non-porous surfaces.
- Do not apply to exterior surfaces or use in wet rooms or bathrooms.
- Not suitable for use as a pre-sealer.
Specialist stone sealer for terracotta and very porous stone types
This terracotta & quarry tile sealing solution can be applied to any porous clay-based tiles, this could be either new tiles, or tiles which have been prepared for renovation. Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer will produce an enhanced satin finish, bringing out the earthy colours associated with terracotta & quarry tiles. If you have deep cleaned your floor we recommend at least 24 hours drying time (preferably more) before any sealing takes place. Please extend the drying time on new floors as they can be very porous. Local conditions effecting the floor will dictate the drying time i.e. air temperature and time of year. It is imperative that the floor is totally dry before any sealing takes place.
Low odour, no solvents, rapid drying sealer works on quarry tiles
Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer is a modern water-based floor finish which is low odour, easy to apply, and dries rapidly. We recommend a minimum of 2 coats to seal any surface – further coats can be applied if required. Terracotta is generally more porous than quarry tile so will accept more product. It is possible to pre-seal terracotta or quarry tile with Natural Stone Sealer Breathe to aid grout haze removal and prevent grout staining. Pre-sealing will also mean less Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer is required to finally seal the tiles. Do not pre-seal and apply Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer on the same day, the floor will be damp and the pre-sealer will not have had time to cure. Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer can be applied using a roller, paint pad, microfibre cloth or brush. It is easy to work with and should be built up in a minimum of 2 thin coats. Using a paint pad or microfibre cloth are the easiest methods of application. It is imperative that this sealer is applied in thin coats to produce a favourable finish. For general pre-cleaning or everyday cleaning you may be interested in – Cement & Grout Haze Remover, a cleaning solution for removing grout haze and cement staining from acid resistant tiles. Intensive Tile Cleaner – this product deep cleans porous surfaces of dirt, grime, oils & waxes. Ph Neutral Floor Cleaner for day to day cleaning once the surface is sealed.
Please read the full instructions & related information contained within the Technical Data Sheet. If you require help choosing a sealer or cleaning product please feel free to contact us on (01484) 861461. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approximately 20m2 per litre per coat.
Coverage rates will vary depending on the individual level of porosity of the surface being treated.
Delivery Charges & Timescale
|UK Mainland||Standard Delivery (4-5 days) Free
Express Delivery (1-2 days) £2.95 inc VAT
|Scottish Highlands & Islands||£9.60 inc VAT|
|Isle of Man||£24.00 inc VAT|
|Isle of Wight||£2.40 inc VAT|
|Northern Ireland||£9.60 inc VAT|
Delivery Charges & Timescale
- Shipping is based on a free standard delivery service to UK mainland addresses of 4-5 days.
- An alternative paid express delivery service of 1-2 days to UK mainland addresses is available.
- Our couriers do not deliver on a Saturday or Sunday (or bank holidays) other than by special additional arrangement.
- For the Highlands and Islands (including Northern Ireland) our standard shipping time may be slower than 4-5 days and is not free.
- An express shipping option to the Highlands & Islands & Northern Ireland is not available.
- Standard delivery is always free except to the Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland & other UK offshore Islands.
- We do not dispatch orders on a Saturday or Sunday or bank holidays.
- We do not offer guaranteed shipping timescales.
- We do not deliver to the channel Islands, or Scilly Isles.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
Blog articles & how to guides
For the latest blog articles and information for best user practice, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of finish does Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer produce?
How quickly does Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer take to dry?
What is the best method to apply Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer?
How does this sealer deepen colour?
What finish does this product produce?
Does Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer have a strong odour?
Can I use Terracotta & Quarry Tile Sealer as a pre-sealer before grouting?
Does this product contain solvents?
100ml Sample, 1 Litre, 5 Litre
Easy to apply
Our products are easy to apply using non specialist tools
Full strength professional cleaning and sealing products
After Sales Support
Help and support with application methods and top tips!